Monday, June 20, 2011

Chick update

It's hard for me to believe these chicks are going to be 2 weeks old this week.  They are getting so big.


One of them is having issues but I'm not sure what is going on.  When I checked on them earlier it was on it's side and seemed to have trouble balancing.  I picked it up and it seemed relieved that I did so.  They don't like to be handled too much.  I held it for a while and gave it extra food and water.  It seemed to perk up.  Here's the little guy:






The chick's legs seemed ok but I will have to keep a close eye on it.  I tried to separate it with a couple of the smaller chicks but that didn't work well.  The other two smaller chicks easily escaped. So they all went back with the other chicks.  So far, so good.


Here's some update pics of the silkie/silkie mix.  They are cute!





I'll post an update on the other's soon.  They'll be outside in just a couple of days as soon as their new area is ready.


Check my post tomorrow on the "Chicks in the hood" Chicken coop tour I went to recently.  It was awesome!

1 comment: