Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 20 - 4 new chickies hatched!

How did I fall behind in writing about our not so newly hatched chickens?  Well, time has a way of getting away from me.  I did write a great post the other night a moments before I was ready to publish it my UPS died.  What a bummer!


Right before I went to sleep Tuesday night I noticed one of the chicks had started to pip through the egg.  I was surprised it was early.  Usually my chicks are late....just like me, I'm never on time going anywhere...LOL  That eggs was not the 1st to hatch though.  Here's a picture of that egg.






Anyway, our chicks actually started hatching a day early this time.  That has never happened to me before and it was a nice surprise.  I woke up early on Wednesday 6-8-11 to a newly hatched chick.  It was a cross between a silky and unknown rooster type.  I am waiting on confirmation about that.  Anyway, here is a picture of that little chick.  We started calling it BJ or Bob Jr.  We know the rooster (Dad's) went by the name of Bob.








During the course of the morning 3 more chickens hatched.  It was great to watch them hatch.  I got a lot of it on video also.  Here's a picture of some of those eggs before they hatched.  You can clearly see the chick's are trying to get out.








Here's a picture of them after they hatched.  They are pooped as you can tell.






Here's a very short video (less then 2 minutes) I made of one of the chicks hatching.  I made three of them this time and I am FINALLY going to get them posted on Youtube.



Good start to our chickens this time.  Check the next post, day 21 to see the rest of the chicks when they hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment